Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 5: Deliveries and Charts

On Friday, I had to get in earlier than usual, but the same time as Mr. Rukieh does everyday. He is at Schlotzsky's every day to make charts of what needs to be done by the other employees. There are multiple different charts that he makes using a program that he designed specifically for his Schlotzsky's. The first chart that he uses allows him to calculate the amount of money that he made for the day, it is like a simple spreadsheet. The second type of chart that he makes is for the baker, Josh. Mr. Rukieh has charts made by experience of how many buns he will need for each day. He goes and accounts for all the buns that are made, and then checks the chart to write down how many more of each bun will need to be made. The third spread sheet is very similar, but it is for supplies to make sandwiches such as: tomatoes, lettuce, onions, avocados, and other materials. 
Finished Baked Items Chart

Unfinished Baked Items Chart

Sandwich Materials Chart


The second thing that I did for the rest of the day was deliver catering orders to the companies who ordered them. I did this with an employee who usually delivers, but unfortunately I forgot my phone so I have no pictures. The first delivery that we did was to St. Lukes hospital in the lab. It was for a meeting. The second delivery that we did was for a company, I wasn't really sure of the name, but I know that it was an industrial company on Dussel. Once we got done with the deliveries, we went back to Schlotzsky's, but the day was pretty slow due to the snow that fell, so I got to come home earlier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment