Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 14: Schlotzsky's Pet Peeves

Today, I worked at Schlotzsky's, and did a lot of the usual, but I found out that it had already been done by the night staff. I was happy, but at the same time, I had to put back all of items that I took out. Some of these items were: cookies, chips, cans of soda, etc. After putting these back, I filled all of the ice teas. When I was making them this time, I made sure to stir them for twice the amount of time, making sure that none of the sugar settled in the bottom of the container and blocked the pipe. After this, I filled all of the soda machines with ice, but they each needed about 4 buckets because they were so empty. I was not sure why, but they were, so it took a little longer than usual. Anyways, after that I worked the register with Amy since I pretty much knew how to use it just as well as her or any other employee. It was very busy, so to make sure that I didn't make a mistake and the line kept moving quickly, I went out and ran the food to the tables. It was extremely busy, and on top of that, there were the fifteen usual people who came in as a church group making everything even more hectic. There was a kind gentleman eating lunch with his wife, and Chase and I went to deliver their food to their table. He sneezed, so like usual, I said, "Bless you" and Chase happened to say it at the same time. The man was joyed that we even bothered to say anything and ended up giving us both a $10 tip. This probably wasn't the only factor, it was probably that I was young and doing a ton of work. Chase on the other hand had a problem with his leg causing him to limp, but he was also running around as well. One thing that really slowed me down and makes me fairly mad is when I call out someone's order number for their food, but they are not at their table. They are either in the bathroom or doing something else, so I end up standing around calling out a number for someone who can't even hear it. Since we had so many people, it was busier longer than usual. The lunch rush didn't end until about 1:30 p.m.  At about 1:45 p.m., I went and ran the drive-thru with another employee. What happened next was rude. A man in a pickup truck drove up to the drive-thru, ordered and drove away before he payed. We had put the order in, but luckily we were able to let Mike, one of the employees making the food, know not to make it so it didn't go to waste.





No comments:

Post a Comment