Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 12: Back to Schlotzsky's & Figuring out Starting Costs

 I got back from my aunts yesterday, and went back to work at Schlotzsky's today. I have hit upon all of my goals, so it is mostly routine from now until the end of winterim. Doing catering orders, making food, running the drive-thru, and restocking inventory. Although I hit upon my goals, there was still one question that I had and got my answer to today. The question was, "How much does it cost to start a restaurant such as Schlotzsky's from the beginning with every cost?" I found out that the Schlotzsky's that I am currently working in is retrofitted, meaning that it was a different type of building that was refurbished into a Schlotzsky's. The price to start a retrofitted Schlotzsky's is around $300,000 and the price to build a Schlotzsky's from ground up with all of the equipment and other necessary items, including a drive-thru is about $1.2 million. These costs include the FFE (furniture, fixtures, and equipment) such as: an ice machine, a walk-in cooler, a walk-in freezer, soda machines, and cash registers. These cost are specifically for Schlotzsky's, but are similar with similar quick serve restaurants.


No comments:

Post a Comment