Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 10: Winding Down & Recap

On the tenth day that I worked at Schlotzsky's, I did't learn anything new, but instead, I reviewed all of the things that I learned and just worked as a floater and did different tasks around the restaurant. There is one thing that I forgot to ask Mr. Rukieh, which I plan on doing on Wednesday. I forgot to ask him what the initial cost to open a restaurant, hire a staff, and all of the other fees that need to be payed. Surely, it is not the same price for each restaurant, because they all operate differently, but it will give me a general idea. I am staying at my aunt's house for day eleven and day twelve, learning about land contracting. The company that she works for and that I will be learning about is called Ramco-Gershenson, Inc. The reason that I am learning about this is because it is important that you find an affluent area to put your restaurant, where it will prosper and where you can maximize profit. Mr. Rukieh told me about the process which he had to go through to find a location for a restaurant, and this will certainly speed along the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment